GRID Alternatives is a national leader in helping economic and environmental justice communities nationwide get clean, affordable solar power and solar jobs, and our energy access work is lighting up off-grid communities across the globe.
The nation’s largest installer of clean energy technologies, GRID develops and implements renewable energy projects that serve economic and environmental justice communities. GRID creates and installs solar projects that serve low-income households and communities, and is enabling these communities to access a variety of clean mobility and battery storage incentive programs. Through our unique, people-first model, we are putting money back into families’ pockets, reducing the energy cost burden for housing providers, and jumpstarting clean energy careers. We partner with affordable housing organizations, job training groups, government agencies, municipalities, utilities, tribes and local communities to make clean energy a win for everyone.
- No-cost solar installations for households qualifying as low-income
- Hands-on solar training to connect people to clean energy jobs
- Technical assistance and solar installation for multifamily affordable housing providers
- Community/shared solar project development and implementation
- Low-income solar policy leadership
- Low-income solar program design and implementation
- Energy access projects internationally and in U.S. tribal communities
- Connecting low-income communities with electric vehicle programs